If you think MN-FISH has wrapped up its goals, think again. Yes, we are proud of the legislative accomplishments for hatchery repairs and improved boat accesses. Yes, we are grateful Gov. Walz helped invest in the state’s economic engine called fishing.
Yet, there is so much more we can do in the name of better fishing:
- Bait shortage issue that needs to be fixed.
- We had a great year for investing in state hatcheries and access improvements, but there is far more funding work to do on both.
- What can we do to educate winter anglers about leaving trash and human waste on the ice?
- What does the future of seasons and harvest regulations look like?
- What are the needs of DNR fisheries managers?
- Can we convince legislators to regularly appropriate general revenue (your tax money) to fishing? Relying only on fishing license fees doesn’t work.
- We are concerned about the spread of invasive carp into Minnesota waters. We need to adequately fund control and barrier methods. If the carp win, anglers lose (boaters, too). One last concern; please continue to support MN-FISH as there’s still much to be done.
Donate to MN-Fish Sportfishing Foundation